Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Petrolink is a global company that specializes in user-driven technology for the Energy Industry.
We are looking for a Data Analysis Engineer to assist with creating and delivering algorithms primarily used by our engineering solutions.
This position is based in our U.S. office in Houston, Texas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and provide logic for engineering solutions algorithms.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (Drilling Engineers, Mud loggers, Pore Pressure Analysts, and other specialists from the Drilling Industry) to understand different challenges in the Drilling Industry and the practices in place to address/solve these challenges.
- Code the algorithms using C# to run on Petrolink’s proprietary analytics engine.
- Develop, test, and maintain algorithms.
- Support escalations related to issues in algorithms.
- Learn existing algorithms to provide support when required.
- Prepare training material and sessions for stakeholders as part of the production release.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in C#.
- Experience with Python is an advantage.
- Knowledge in drilling practices, and ability to speak to other drilling experts and capture requirements and logic.
- Knowledge in drilling performance KPIs is an advantage.
- Prior experience with WITSML is an advantage.
- Function and communicate well in a team having diverse expertise.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
To apply for this position, applicants must meet the above criteria.
Interested applicants fulfilling the above criteria, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.