Reporting To (position):
Engineering Solutions Team Lead
- The Engineering Solutions team creates the algorithms used by the different engineering solutions.
- The Engineers of the Engineering Solutions team are responsible for collecting the requirements and implementing the final solution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (Drilling Engineers, Mud loggers, Pore Pressure Analysts, and other specialists from the Drilling Industry) to understand different challenges in the Drilling Industry and also practices in place to address/solve these challenges.
- Code the algorithms using C# to run on company’s proprietary analytical engine.
- Develop, test, and maintain robust and high-quality algorithms. Maintenance involves having to learn about existing algorithms in the company repository.
- Support escalations related to issues in an algorithm.
- Learn about existing algorithms in order to provide escalation support when required.
- Knowledge transfer to Operations department personnel as part of the production release.
Skills & Qualifications
- Analytical and logical thinking.
- Proficient in coding using scripting language(s).
- Experience with C# is a huge benefit as our analytical engine works on C# and we can reduce training period if this is an available skillset.
- Ability to capture logic from SME’s even if the premise is entirely new.
- Prior experience in implementing solutions in the drilling Industry. Awareness of drilling parameters would be a big advantage.
- Prior experience with WITSML or other types of real-time streaming data formats would be useful (not mandatory).
- DevOps background would be useful (not mandatory).
- If no prior experience in drilling industry, then educational background in Petroleum engineering/geology would be required.
- Basic Knowledge about databases like SQL would be good.
- Proficiency in communication as the job requires to be in touch with clients/drilling engineers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Interested applicants fulfilling the above criteria, please send your resume to Careers.India@petrolink.com.