Reporting To (position):
ICT Support Services Lead
Petrolink is a global company that specializes in user-driven technology for the Oil and Gas Industry. We are looking for an ICT Support Services Engineer to join our Aberdeen team to assist in managing software systems, communication systems, basic network connections, and hardware to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications for all end users.
This is a full-time on-site role for an ICT Support Service Engineer located in Aberdeen. The ideal candidate will need to be quick to adapt to process change and will assist in managing and supporting all types of end-user devices and applications. They will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals and industry best practices
Duties & Responsibilities
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration including Exchange, MS Teams and SharePoint.
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance activities.
- Responsible to respond and resolve the support requests and incident ticket by adhering to the defined SLAs.
- Responsible for monitoring and providing timely responses to incoming support requests.
- Act as a point of contact for all ICT-related local tasks for end-users.
- Reviews tickets and tasks, actions those assigned, and escalates where required.
- Responsible for handling asset management activities.
- Responsible for the configuration of new Windows hardware.
- Responsible for troubleshooting hardware, software, network related issues.
- Experience in an SLA driven, ticketed Service Desk or 1st / 2nd Line role.
- Ability to critically analyse symptoms, diagnose problems, plan, and take appropriate action on equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Experience in building and configuring Windows desktop operating systems.
- Experience in Active Directory user management.
- Experience in the management of Microsoft 365 suites.
- Knowledge and experience on MS Intune an advantage.
- Fundaments of network concepts. Familiar with TCP/IP, DNS, ADDS, DHCP, HTTPs.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN topology.
- Knowledge in anti-virus management and endpoint protection suites.
- Knowledge on Incident management, Request management and Asset Management processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude, eager to take responsibility for work, and shows initiative.
- MCP, CCNA, MCSE, A+, O365 certification preferred.
- Awareness of ITIL and IS27001 processes and functions.
- ITIL certification preferred.
- At least 2-years relevant experience in a similar roll.
Please read the privacy notice for job applicants here: https://www.petrolink.com/privacy-notice-job-applicants/