Petrolink, one of the world’s leading oilfield service companies, is seeking a Drilling Technology Product Champion for our office in Houston, Texas. The role offers an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment where we provide information and communication solutions for the oil and gas industry.
The Drilling Technology Product Champion is responsible for collecting and understanding the requirements with respect to drilling data for a specific product, or group of products, pertaining to problems seen in drilling operations, and providing feedback and solutions for those requirements.
- Work directly with clients, Drilling Engineers, or other Subject Matter Experts to collect requirements.
- Understand the requirements with respect to Drilling data and operations, and provide feedback on those requirements.
- Collaborate with in-house users to understand the applications, workflow, and design algorithms that are most user-friendly.
- Review the user requirements to evaluate and liaison with the Development team.
- Develop, test, and maintain robust and high-quality algorithms.
- Perform market studies and contribute to the continuous development of existing products and provide proposals for new products.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business analytics, computer science, petroleum engineering, or a related field.
- Knowledge of drilling operations and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of WITSML and Real-Time data.
- Ability to work with languages like C++ or C#. Knowledge of scripting language like Python or R is an added advantage.
- Basic Knowledge of databases like SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with teams effectively.
- Data and analytic driven decision making.
- Skilled at evaluating interfaces and user workflows for optimal customer experience.
- Ability to ask the right questions and turn the answers into software solutions.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Strong technical and customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Mind-Mapping software and Jira/Confluence or other Requirements Management Tools.
This job description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
To apply for this position, applicants must meet the above criteria.
Petrolink is a user-driven technology company that is focused and committed to finding new ways to increase efficiency and productivity for oil and gas companies around the globe. We bring together advanced wellsite data management, real-time data solutions, engineering analytics and drilling optimization services to help customers achieve maximum value.
Our services and solutions combine domain expertise, best practices, secure workflows, innovative technologies, and the highest levels of service and technical support to deliver increased oilfield efficiency through lower finding and producing costs and maximized reserve recovery. With clients in North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, we offer unmatched security and an independent, neutral link across disciplines, data sources and activities. To help us stay at the forefront of technology, we employ and invest in the best people from across the world and deliver our services wherever they are needed.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Health savings account