Drilling Real-time on Classic Systems: The Challenge
The drilling environment’s dependence and access to data is increasing at a rapid rate so that we now have a Big Data problem. Classic infrastructures based on relational data models are insufficient to support the volume and the analytical use of this information. Typical challenges include limited performance as data grows, cost-effectiveness of storing highly dense data, challenges around redundancy and business continuity.
These platforms are simply not designed for high speed streaming data and are not the future of real-time analytical systems for the oilfield.
The Future is Now for Oilfield Big Data
PetroVault HD is Petrolink’s next generation Private Cloud that resides inside your business. It’s a secure, always-on infrastructure built for oil industry Big Data. A robust, fault tolerant and distributed infrastructure, it provides superior business continuity. Capable of hosting a wide variety of data, the system offers sub-second analytics and an intelligent alerting platform to support optimization, prediction, data mining and manage-by-exception. It enables advanced workflows such as drilling ahead of the bit.
PetroVault HD – Evolving Capabilities
- Standardization of data from different providers to ensure easy access
- Enhanced visualization – Anti-collision, Microseismic, 3D
- High speed, low latency “Sensor to Squiggle”
- MBE – intelligent event monitoring and alerting system
- Extensive monitoring for data outages and data sanity
- Supports open standards – WITSML, ETP
- Advanced streaming analytics engine
- Real-Time Drilling Analytics Suite
- On Premise or Cloud Deployment
- Near Future:
- PetroVault HD Cloudlet
- Interactive data science environment
- Subsurface data hub – shared earth model
- Interface to higher level languages, such as ‘R’
- Additional open standards RESQML, PRODML, OPC
- Easily develop and integrate 3rd party applications with analytics engine
- Interface for interactive data science/data analysis against live and Historical data
The four V’s of Big Data for Oil Industry:
volume, variety, velocity, veracity.
- Features and Benefits:
- Automatic failover and fault tolerant for superior business continuity
- Sub-second data analytics for better, faster decisions
- Augment data in real-time with proprietary algorithms to enable prediction and situational awareness
- Cost effective storage of real-time information
- Easily scales to accommodate additional loads
- Common platform for application development
- Security compliant