Reporting To (position):
QA – Team Lead
Petrolink is a global company that specializes in user-driven technology for the Oil and Gas Industry. We are currently looking for an Automation Test Engineer to join our team. As a member of the development team, you will be a key player in planning, scripting, and executing a variety of key customer-facing and internal applications.
You will as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an Agile/DevOps environment. You will have a minimum of 4+ years’ experience working in automation testing. You will have a strong background in automation and performance scripts. You will be able to work with C# web, .Net, WPF, Java and Windows, and have a strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA methodology.
The ideal applicant will be dedicated, self-motivated, creative, and proactive. You will be able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with developers, project managers and other stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contribute to all phases of automation and performance testing life cycle.
- Build and maintain a scalable, portable, configurable performance testing framework.
- Design, document, manage and execute test cases, sets and suites.
- Review/create test scripts and workload models.
- Develop design guidelines related to performance and automation.
- Develop/Analyse non-functional requirements at early stages.
- Front- and back-end performance testing, including API testing.
- Design and build intelligent test systems that can simulate production load traffic.
- Monitor system performance post-development.
- Analyse and determine tool capabilities.
- Perform pre/post code inspections.
- Execute performance optimization experiments and recommend short- and long-term plans.
- Review results and present reports to the development/business team.
- Measure, report, and recommend performance response time guidelines/SLAs.
- Strong knowledge in scripting languages to create various scripts for deployment/testing.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues along with different teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- B Tech/MCA/M Tech in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in working with QTP(UFT), TestComplete, Selenium, Jmeter.
- Experience with different automation frameworks.
- Knowledge to establish an automated test environment for UI and non-UI testing.
- Proven experience in automating cross-platform applications.
- Solid understanding of programming logic.
- Good understanding of build automation and continuous integration.
- Experience in performance testing concepts and tools.
- Experience in database test automation.
- Hands-on experience of Linux OS.
- Hands-on experience of working on cloud systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.