Reporting To (position):
ICT Infrastructure Lead
Kochi, India (preferred) or any location in India. Remote Work Model.
An Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated incidents, implementing approved changes, engineering and implementing complex projects, and for maintaining and overseeing the technology of Server, Storage, Network devices and backup infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and escalate problems affecting the company infrastructure.
- Supervise and ensure company infrastructure comply with internal standard and industry best practice.
- Participate in team projects and project/technology transitions.
- Install, configure & manage VMware ESXi and Nutanix AHV infrastructure.
- Perform capacity & performance reports for storage, compute, hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Provides daily administration of the SAN/Storage environment including storage admin, software & hardware support, device configuration & monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Deploys and hardens Windows server for both internal and customer-facing purposes.
- Creation and periodic update of support procedures, processes and technical documentation.
- Conduct audits on all storage, server and network equipment to ensure appropriate configuration.
- Participate in escalation and resolution of incidents, service requests and change request.
- Responsible for proper backup provisioning, backup configuration, troubleshooting and tracking.
- Participate in change management process by creating and executing change and providing technical review of changes.
- Manage the DNS/ ADFS/ PKI environment.
- Maintains and updates server software.
- Design and deploy networks. Evaluate and modify existing networks for optimum performance.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Administer routers, switches, firewalls, security updates and patches for network systems.
- Participates in global on-call rota for out of hours emergency support.
- Setup and configure Cloud networking and infrastructure.
- Prepare automation and images for deployment of the essential infrastructure.
Skills & Qualifications
- VCP & MCSA Certification – preferred.
- CCNA, CCNP or Palo Alto Certification.
- Experience in Palo Alto firewalls and Palo Alto’s Panorama management suite – desired.
- Scripting in Python or PowerShell preferred.
- Expertise in a variety of server, storage and hyperconverged hardware.
- Knowledge on ITIL processes; Incident management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management processes.
- Experience in Linux server OSs, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Knowledge of networking concept and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fiber Channel, SAN.
- Hands on experience with Compellent/EMC/NetApp storage in block and file services: FC, iSCSI and NFS.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows services/IIS configurations and analyze Windows event logs to perform root cause analysis.
- Good Understanding of virtualization technology including hyperconverged solutions such as Nutanix.
- Experience in diagnostics & troubleshooting on VMware products and tools.
- Knowledge of MS Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solver and troubleshooter.
- Self-starter and self-motivator, capable of independent work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.