Reporting To (position):
ICT Infrastructure Lead
Aberdeen, UK / work from home
An Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated incidents, implementing approved changes, engineering, and implementing complex projects, and for maintaining and overseeing the technology of Server, Storage, Network devices and backup infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and escalate problems affecting the company infrastructure.
- Participate in escalation and resolution of incidents and service requests.
- Participate in change management process by creating and executing changes and providing technical review of changes.
- Creation and periodic update of support procedures, processes, and technical documentation.
- Participate in team projects and project/technology transitions.
- Supervise and ensure company infrastructure comply with internal standards and industry best practices.
- Install, configure & manage VMware ESXi and Nutanix AHV infrastructure.
- Perform capacity & performance reports for storage, compute, hyperconverged infrastructure.
- Provides daily administration of the SAN/Storage systems.
- Deploys and hardens Windows servers for both internal and customer facing purposes.
- Responsible for proper backup provisioning, backup configuration, troubleshooting and tracking.
- Manage DNS/ ADFS/ PKI environment.
- Prepare automation and images for deployment of the essential infrastructure.
- Setup and configure Cloud networking and infrastructure.
- Design and deploy networks. Evaluate and modify existing networks. Administer routers, switches, firewalls, security updates and patches for network systems.
- Participates in global on-call rota for out of hours emergency support.
Skills & Qualifications:
- VCP & MCSA Certification – desirable.
- CCNA or CCNP Certification – desirable.
- Experience in Palo Alto firewalls and Palo Alto’s Panorama management suite – a bonus.
- Scripting in Python or PowerShell – a bonus.
- Experience of ITIL processes; Incident management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management – desired.
- Experience in Linux server OSs, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019.
- Knowledge of networking concept and storage protocols: NFS, CIFS, TCP/IP, Fibre Channel, SAN.
- Hands on experience with Compellent/EMC/NetApp storage in block and file services: FC, iSCSI and NFS.
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows services/IIS configurations and analyse Windows event logs to perform root cause analysis.
- Good Understanding of virtualization technology including hyperconverged solutions such as Nutanix.
- Experience in diagnostics & troubleshooting on VMware products and tools.
- Knowledge of MS Active Directory and Azure Active Directory.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Good general problem solver with investigation and trouble shooting skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivator, capable of independent work.
- Ability to work in a geographically disperse team.
- Ability to work remotely on systems at multiple locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.